mobile nav

Subject

Blake's house SE1

Building  To 1918

Categories: Property

Blake lived here with his wife, Catherine, throughout the 1790s. The photograph was taken in about 1913 and shows that it had already been honoured with a plaque. Despite this the house, with the rest of the terrace presumably, was demolished in 1918. See Captain's Cook's house - that also got demolished despite having a plaque.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Blake's house SE1

Information Commemorated at

73968

William Blake - SE1

The shield with the red crosses is from the Coat of arms of the City of Londo...

Read More

74978

William Blake - SE1 - lost plaque

This plaque, shown in both this drawing (by Adcock from Culture 24) and the p...

Read More