Queen's-Haven have a post about this house, where it was and what occupied the site after it was gone, and gives "Norfolk House ... lies to the south of the foundations of Bigod House, sometimes called Norfolk Inn, the medieval mansion of the Mowbray family and later of the Howard dukes of Norfolk." and "residence of the Dukes of Norfolk at Broken Wharf which Stow describes as being a large old building of stone, with arched gates."
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Biggott House / Bigod House
Commemorated ati
Biggott House
Norfolk House stands on the site of Biggott House, the town house of the Earl...
Other Subjects
Elis David Almshouse
Founded by Elias Davy (the correct spelling of his name), and originally built for seven people of either sex and enlarged for twelve people in 1875. Residents transferred to newly built almshous...
Monmouth House
The Duke of Monmouth obtained a site on the south side of Soho Square (then called King’s Square) in 1681 on which the house was built. After his execution it was owned by the Bateman family and be...
Norwich Place / York House
Built as the town house of the bishops of Norwich. At the dissolution of the monasteries in 1536 King Henry VIII and Charles Brandon, Duke of Suffolk exchanged properties: Suffolk gave up Suffolk H...
Sir Henry Meux
Henry Bruce Meux was born at 41 Brook Street into a wealthy brewery family and became the 3rd baronet. Theobalds, the family country seat, had been closed as a result of his father's insanity, but,...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them