Building From 1938
It originally catered for the traffic on the newly opened North Circular Road. Destroyed in a WW2 air raid, it was rebuilt in 1949 and through the 50s became a haven for the 'ton-up-boys' and then for the 'rockers' in the 60s. One of the regulars here was the neurologist Oliver Sacks. Trade declined, as traffic moved to the motorways and it closed in 1969. Interest was rekindled in the 1990s, following the setting-up of the 'Rockers' Reunions' and it re-opened in 1997. It was the location for the 1964 film 'The Leather Boys'.
2019: Reviewed by Londonist.
2021: An impressively active website gives the history and has some great photos.