mobile nav

Site

Hampstead fire station

Hampstead fire station

NW3, Heath Street

Building designed by George Vulliamy.  The Heath Street façade bears the initials "M.B.W." (Metropolitan Board of Works) and "1873".  In 1923 the ground floor was converted into shop space.

The rather tatty looking plaque used to be on the Holly Hill facade, at about eye height.  In 2014 we see that has been removed (leaving an unpainted patch so possibly the removal was not authorised) and another, more modern plaque erected on the Heath Street facade, high up out of reach.

View on map

This section lists the memorials located at this site:
Hampstead fire station

Information Memorials

Clock Tower - Hampstead - new plaque

At British History On-line we read that it closed in 1923, not 1915 as per th...

Read More

Clock Tower - Hampstead - old plaque

Clock Tower This well loved Hampstead landmark started its life as the local...

Read More

This section lists the memorials located nearby this site:
Hampstead fire station

Information Nearby Memorials