Plaque: William Booth College - 2
Erection date: 30/9/2011
William Booth Colllege re-dedicated to the glory of God by Commissioner John Matear Territorial Commander on September 30th 2011.
The plaque is in the entrance porch of the building. We'd guess that the building underwent some major renovation/modernisation in 2011.
Site: William Booth College (4 memorials)
SE5, Champion Park, William Booth Memorial Training College
As consultant architect Sir Giles Gilbert Scott designed the elevations and the interior of the hall and specified the materials but the rest was by Gordon and Viner. It opened in 1929 to train members of the Salvation Army and also holds the Army's library, archives and International Heritage Centre. This building fulfilled William Booth's vision of a "University of Humanity".