mobile nav

Memorial

West London Synagogue - 1964 West London Synagogue

Plaque: West London Synagogue - 1964

Erection date: 7/6/1964

Inscription

{On the 60's extension occupying the corner site:}
This foundation stone of the West London Synagogue extension and the Leo Baeck College was laid by A. S. Diamond, Esq. President of the Synagogue.
7th June 1964
27th Sivan 5724

Site: West London Synagogue (3 memorials)

W1, Seymour Place, 33, West London Synagogue

The architects of the 1933 building were Mewes & Davis (inscribed on a stone near the entrance), and of the 1964 building, Julian Sofaer. These buildings are offices. The original 1870 synagogue building can be seen from the street behind, Stourcliffe Street.

Note that these plaques use the Jewish calendar.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
West London Synagogue - 1964

Information Subjects commemorated

47578

West London Synagogue

The synagogue community was founded in 1840 and moved to Upper Berkeley Stree...

Read More

50534

A. S. Diamond

President of the West London Synagogue in 1964 and a Master of the Supreme Co...

Read More

This section lists the other memorials at the same location as the memorial on this page:
West London Synagogue - 1964

Information Also at this site

46009

West London Synagogue - Stern

{On the plaque to the south of the entrance:} This stone was laid by Sir Edw...

Read More

46008

West London Synagogue - Waley

{On the plaque to the north of the entrance:} This building was opened by Ph...

Read More