Plaque: St Mellitus war memorial
Garden of Remembrance, 1914 - 1918, 1939 - 1945.
"Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn."
Nearby is a small notice, nicely handmade but beginning to deteriorate, informing "St Mellitus' Peace Garden, dedicated on Remembrance Sunday 2005. Honour the dead of all wars by working for a world without war".
Site: St Mellitus, N4 (1 memorial)
N4, Evershot Road, St Mellitus
The church was built as a New Court Congregational Church, now Roman Catholic. 1871 by C. G. Searle. The war memorial is in a small peace garden at the side of the church.
Facsimile of the handbill announcing the opening services in 1871.