St. Johns Church was built in 1845 in the early English gothic style by John Hargrave Stevens and George Alexander. This site on the summit of Notting Hill had formerly been a view-point for spectators at the centre of the Hippodrome race course.
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Site: St John's Church - Notting Hill (2 memorials)
W11, Lansdowne Crescent
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk