Plaque: Sir Francis Ronalds - W6
The first electric telegraph 8 miles long was constructed here in 1816 by Sir Francis Ronalds. F.R.S.
Site: Ronalds, Socialists, MacDonald and Morris (4 memorials)
W6, Upper Mall, 26, Kelmscott House
The small building was built as the coach-house to number 26. The Ronalds and Hammersmith Socialists plaques are on the small building (which is also the Kelmscott House Museum and HQ of the William Morris Society). The MacDonald and Morris plaques on the main building are covered in foliage, so our close-up photographs were taken separately in winter.