Plaque: Shepherd's Bush Library - plaque
Erection date: 2015
Passmore Edwards Public Library
This building was originally the Shepherd's Bush library, one of 24 public libraries founded by Victorian newspaper proprietor and philanthropist John Passmore Edwards. It was designed by architect Maurice B Adams and opened in 1896. The library moved to another site in 2009. It was converted into a theatre in 2011.
Hammersmith and Fulham Historic Buildings Group
Hammersmith and Fulham Historic Buildings Group tell us that the discrepancy between the date on the plaque and the date of erection is explained by an unexpected delay.
Site: Shepherd's Bush Library (3 memorials)
W12, Uxbridge Road, 7
The blue plaque is next to the lower right window of the building, and the foundation stone is on the right of the doorway. The Hunt and Keene memorial is around the corner in Pennard Road.
High at the right of the building is a date plaque: 1895, and above the entrance: Passmore Edwards Public Library.