This stone was laid by S.A. Courtauld, 20th July 1927.
Alner W Hall - Architect
Holland Hannen Cubitts L Builders
Site: Samuel Augustine Courtauld (1 memorial)
W1, Cleveland Street, Courtauld Institute of Biochemistry
The full name of the building "The Samuel Augustine Courtauld Institute of Bio-Chemistry" is carved in large lettering along this frontage.
2020: Cathryn Corns wrote to say: "... a bust of Samuel Augustine was placed in a niche at the entrance to the laboratory on the second floor. He was regularly greeted by staff with a 'Good morning". He has been decorated for Christmas with a smart scarf (a paper towel) and a Christmas hat - and a red nose. We were very sad to leave him behind when the routine Biochemistry lab moved over the road to the Windeyer building in 1986. We were all rather fond of him!"