Erection date: 30/4/1937
This stone was laid by Her Royal Highness Princess Alice Countess of Athlone, April 30th 1937.
This building, known as the Queen Mary Wing, is an extension to the hospital on the left.
Site: Two Albany plaques (2 memorials)
WC1, Queen Square, National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery
This Hospital was founded in 1859 as The National Hospital for the Paralysed and Epileptic. It opened at 24 Queen Square in 1860, and expanded into neighbouring properties. The Duke of Albany plaque can just be seen in the gap between the vehicles. His daughter's, Princess Alice's plaque is in the foreground on the 1937 extension. This also has two interesting sculptural reliefs - well covered at Ornamental Passions.