Plaque: Goodwin's Court
Goodwin's Court (replacing Fishers Alley) first appeared in the rate-books in 1690 and it seems probable that the houses in the Court were erected in that year.
Site: Goodwin's Court (1 memorial)
WC2, Goodwin's Court
2018: A London Inheritance has a very good post on this little alleyway. A mention there of a plaque to Nell Gwynne prompted us to return to check it out and we found that it's a house name, on number 9, on the north side near the east end.
There's no evidence that Gwynne ever lived here, though she is connected with the area, via Covent Garden fruit market and the Drury Lane Theatre. The Goodwin's Court house may be connected with the Nell Gwynne Tavern in Bull Inn Court, just a few streets to the south east.