Plaque: Patrick Troughton - E6
Patrick Troughton, 1920 - 1987, Doctor Who, 1966 - 1969.
Site: Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton - E6 (2 memorials)
E6, Barking Road, 39 - 41, The Who Shop
The Who Shop was established in 1984 and sells a vast variety of 'Whovian' merchandise. It also has a Doctor Who museum.
Blue plaques to commemorate the first three actors to play Doctor Who (William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee) were unveiled at the former BBC Television Centre on the 19th May 2002, but were subsequently removed when refurbishment took place. They were recovered by Heritage Foundation who auctioned them for charity. The Who shop purchased the Troughton plaque on eBay. The shop also has a miniature version of the Pertwee plaque.
Don't confuse these blue plaques with the 24 plaques laid into the 'Star Terrace' at the Wood Lane BBC Television Centre.