Plaque: Mawson Arms and Fox and Hounds
The Mawson Arms
The Fox and Hounds
Brewing on this site can be traced back over 350 years. The Mawson Arms takes its name from the Mawson family who owned the brewery between 1699 and 1748. The Mawson Arms opened in 1759.
Prior to this, this was the home to the 18th century poet Alexander Pope, who lived here with his parents between 1716 - 1719.
At one point, two pubs stood on the site, hence the reason the pub still has two names today.
Site: Mawson Arms & Fox and Hounds (2 memorials)
W4, Chiswick Lane South, 110