Erection date: 1961
Lincoln Stanhope Wainright, 1847-1929, vicar of St. Peter's, London Docks, lived here, 1884-1929.
London County Council
Site: St Peter's London Docks (3 memorials)
E1, Wapping Lane
The WW2 plaque is very high up on the wall behind the arches and can only be read from a zoomed-in photo.
The naming is confusing. This religious setup originated from St George's-in-the-East and so was initially known as St George's Mission. But when they built their own church, St Peter's, the mission became St Peter's Mission.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk