Erection date: 1986
John Lewis silk mercer of Oxford Street resided at Spedan Tower, Hampstead from 1888 to 1928 as did his elder son John Spedan Lewis, later founder of the John Lewis Partnership. This plaque is placed near the site of Spedan Tower.
Erected by the Hampstead Plaque Fund
Site: John Lewis and John Spedan Lewis (1 memorial)
NW3, Templewood Avenue, Grange Gardens
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk