mobile nav

Memorial

Dutch Church Dutch Church

Plaque: Dutch Church

Inscription

HKH Irene Prinses der Nederlanden, legde de eerste steen van dit Kerkgebouw dat de plaats inneemt van het in 1940 door oorlogsgeweld verwoeste Austin Friars sinds 1550 krachtens charter van koning Eduard VI het Bedehuis der Nederlandse Protestanten in Londen.
23 Juli 1950

{Translates as:}
HRH Princess Irene of the Netherlands laid the foundation stone of this church building which takes the place of Austin Friars, ravaged by war in 1940, here since 1550 when it was created under a charter of King Edward VI as the Bede House of the Dutch Protestants in London.

Site: Dutch Church (1 memorial)

EC2, Austin Friars

The current building was designed by Arthur Bailey and built in 1950.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Dutch Church

Information Subjects commemorated

49613

First Dutch church, Austin Friars

The original Austin Friars monestery dates from about 1250. In 1550 Edward VI...

Read More

46784

King Edward VI

Only son of Henry VIII (with Jane Seymour who died 12 days after the birth), ...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Dutch Church

Information Created by