The Coronet Cinema boasted the 'finest pictures in south London' from 1913. In that pre-digital age, long before television, 'gong to the flicks' was hugely popular. Opening as Camberwell Central Cinema, it was small, yet grand. Suffering bomb damage and later fire, it was finally demolished in 1958. No remains survive.
Bridge to Nowhere - Burgess Park Heritage Trail
The plaque was erected sometime April 2015 - May 2016.
Site: Coronet Cinema - Camberwell (1 memorial)
SE5, Wells Way
September 2022: We had heard about another plaque here but when we returned we failed to find that, and the Coronet plaque had gone.