Erection date: 6/5/1937
Opened by the Right Hon. W. L. MacKenzie King, CMG, Prime Minister of the Dominion of Canada on 6th May 1937.
Chairman of the Council - the Right Hon. Lord Snell, CBE LLD
R. Coppock - Chairman of the Highways Committee
Sir George Gater, CMG, DSO - Clerk to the Council
Rendel Palmer and Tritton - Engineers
C. Topham Forrest, FRIBA - Architect
Contractors - Holloway Brothers (London) Limited
London County Council
MacKenzie King did not come all the way from Canada just to open this bridge; he happened to be in London for the coronation of King George VI.
The plaque has the wrong initial for Topham Forrest. His first name was George.
Site: Chelsea Bridge (1 memorial)
SW8, Chelsea Bridge
The lantern posts at all 4 corners of the bridge are each topped with 2 heraldic shields and a golden galleon. See also Londonist's secrets of Chelsea Bridge.