mobile nav

Memorial

Bearman's Department Store Bearman's Department Store

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: Bearman's Department Store

Inscription

Bearmans Department Store.
On this site stood 'Bearmans of Leytonstone' department store - "The Store with the Personal Touch". Opened by Frank Bearman, a draper by profession, in 1898 and family run until 1962. Closed in 1983.
Waltham Forest Heritage

Site: Bearman's Department Store (1 memorial)

E11, Leytonstone High Road, 829

View this memorial on a map

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Bearman's Department Store

Information Subjects commemorated

Bearman's Department Store

Opened by Frank Bearman on the site of a former vicarage. By 1906 he had purc...

Read More

Frank Bearman

Retailer. Founder of the former Bearman's department store in Leytonstone.

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Bearman's Department Store

Information Created by

Borough of Walthamstow

Walthamstow was a  local government district 1894 -1965 when it combined with...

Read More