Edwardes Square 1811 - 1820
Partly built by a Frenchman, falsely rumoured to be an agent of Napoleon, derived its name from William Edwardes, 2nd Lord Kensington, who then owned the land which was part of the Holland House Estate. An act of parliament was passed in 1819 for the maintenance and improvement of this late Georgian square.
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Site: Edwardes Square (1 memorial)
W8, South Edwardes Square, The Temple
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of plaquesoflondon.co.uk