Plaque: Charing Cross Hospital - moved 1973
The foundation stone of this building was laid by His Grace the Duke of Sussex on 15 September 1831. Three years later it was opened as the Charing Cross Hospital and Medical School where for one hundred and thirty nine years patients were treated and staff trained in this renowned institution.
In 1973 the Hospital and Medical School moved to new premises on the site of the former Fulham Hospital in West London.
Thanks to our colleague Alan Patient for providing this photo.
Site: Charing Cross Hospital - Agar Street (2 memorials)
WC2, Agar Street
Charing Cross Hospital and the next-door Ophthalmic Hospital developed this site at the same time. Now used as a police station.