Erection date: 8/12/2009
Planted by the Chairman of the Castle Baynard Ward Club, Professor Anthony Trinick FREng, 8th December 2009, to commemorate the Centenary of the Club in 2009.
Site: Freemasons, YMCA & Castle Baynard Ward Club (3 memorials)
EC4, St Paul's Churchyard
The two plaques face each other, on the inside walls of the arcade. The Castle Baynard tree is the one to the right in the photo.
2019: A London Inheritance has a post about the building that was on this site up until WW2, the offices, factory and warehouses of Hitchcock, Williams & Co.. The firm moved into number 72 sometime after 1853 and then expanded to take in many of the surrounding buildings. The buildings were destroyed by bombs on 29 December 1940.