Plaque (lost): Alfred Turner - lost blue plaque
Alfred Turner R.A. (sculptor) lived and worked here 1914 - 1937, by Appt HRH George V.
Our colleague Alan Patient took this photograph in 2010. By 2016 it had been replaced by the "Turners and Paget" plaque.
Site: The sculpting Turners and Paget (2 memorials)
SW6, Munster Road, 44
At the back of this house, accessed from Lettice Road, to the left of our photo is a building "Turners Studio". It looks new but is presumably on the site of Alfred and Winifred's studio. 44 itself has been so cleaned that it looks almost new itself.
The plaque is above the front door, hidden by the foliage in our photo.
2019: Dezeen has a post, with photos, about an architect, in Chelsea, transforming "... a pair of artists' studios that may once have belonged to JMW Turner into a lofty family home...". We are certain the site in question is the Lettice Road property and hence, for the second time today (really! see Jane Austen's red brick mansion block for the other one) we have a property website jumping to the wrong conclusions about the history of a building.