Pubwiki have a good page on this pub. A tavern has existed here since at least 1690. Known as the White Horse from at least 1745. Rebuilt c.1868-70 and again 1927-8. Closed and was demolished in 2003. The photo shows the Victorian building, probably shortly before it was demolished. The horse can be seen in that photo, looking black but we think that's just because it's in shadow.