mobile nav

Subject

White Hart Dock

White Hart Dock

Building  From 1869  To 1960

Categories: Industry

The origins of a dock and slipway can be traced back to the 14th century. The present retaining structure was built c.1868 as a parish dock when the Albert Embankment was constructed by the Metropolitan Board of Works to improve flood defences. It was built partly to serve the nearby Royal Doulton factory. From at least about 1960 it has been unused.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
White Hart Dock

Information Commemorated at

Cholera - Lambeth - 1848-9

We are tempted to write a letter to the Times ourselves, bemoaning the excess...

Read More

White Hart Dock

Clearly inspired by the shape of water-going vessels - even the plaque is shi...

Read More