White Hart Dock
Building From 1869 To 1960
The origins of a dock and slipway can be traced back to the 14th century. The present retaining structure was built c.1868 as a parish dock when the Albert Embankment was constructed by the Metropolitan Board of Works to improve flood defences. It was built partly to serve the nearby Royal Doulton factory. From at least about 1960 it has been unused.