mobile nav


Theatre Royal Stratford East

Group  From 1884 

Categories: Theatre

designed by architect James George Buckle in 1884. From WW1 onwards it endured periods of closure until Joan LIttlewood arrived with her Theatre Workshop Company in 1953. The image shows the theatre in 1963, and confirms that, even then, the front looked more like the back.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Theatre Royal Stratford East

Information Commemorated at

Joan Littlewood - Stratford plaque

Joan Littlewood, 1914 - 2002, theatre director. The sculpture by Philip Jacks...

Read More