mobile nav

Subject

The Salt Box

Building  From 1800  To 1834

Categories: Property

From British History On-line: "A cottage called the Salt Box was built on demesne land on the edge of the heath north of Branch Hill Lodge between 1789 and 1808 and was replaced by a house called the Grange probably by 1834."

Our picture is a detail from Constable's painting 'Hampstead Heath, with the House Called ‘The Salt Box’ c.1819–20.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
The Salt Box

Information Commemorated at

71238

John Constable - Mansion Gardens

The plaque has mis-named the painting; it's actually 'Hampstead Heath, with t...

Read More