mobile nav

Subject

The Black Cap

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

The Black Cap

Building 

Categories: Architecture, Food & Drink

Public House. It was originally called the Mother Black Cap after a local legend concerning a witch, and had that name, according to licensing records, as early as 1751. In the mid 1960s it became predominantly known for its homosexual clientele, and in the later 20th century for its drag cabaret, featuring acts such as Danny La Rue, Hinge and Bracket and Mrs Shufflewick.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
The Black Cap

Information Creations

72073

Regina Fong

Her Imperial Highness the Grand Duchess Regina Fong, 1945 - 2003, "Last of th...

Read More