Opened initially as the 'Royal Circus and Equestrian Philharmonic Academy'. Burnt down in 1799 and in 1805. Rebuilt in 1806 by architect Rudolphe Cabanel (who went on to design what is now the Old Vic). This was converted into a theatre and renamed the Surrey Theatre, presumable after the road it was on, Great Surrey Street (now Blackfriars Road). In 1865 it again burnt down and was rebuilt. After 1901 was converted to a music hall, a cinema in 1920 and finally closed in 1924. Demolished in 1934.