St George's Tufnell Park
Place From 1868
We are as certain as can be, that this church in Tufnell Park Road is the St George's whose Band of Mercy was the donor of the drinking fountain at Limehouse Station. Designed by George Truefitt for a breakaway Anglican group called the Free Church of England, it was remarkable in having a detached tower and an octagonal nave within a circular building. In 1973-76 it was converted into a theatre, and in 2010 a new building was added between the church and the tower. and it reverted to being a church called the House on the Rock.