This church was built, inside the Park, in 1867 to meet the needs of the expanding population, 22 years after the Park opened in 1845. Following WW2 bomb damage the church was demolished (our end date is approximate) and the land returned to the Park. The congregation joined St Mary of Eton's and in 1953 the two parishes were formally united to be known as St Mary of Eton with St Augustine.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Augustine's Church, Victoria Park
Commemorated ati
St Augustine's Church - Victoria Park - ghost building
When we photographed the stone we did not notice the rectangular clearing aro...
St Augustine's Church - Victoria Park - stone
We've over-lightened the photo so you can see the indentation which used to h...
Other Subjects
Knights Templar
The seal of the Knights incorporated the image of a horse with two riders, the Knights originally being too poor to have a horse each. By papal decree the Knights Templar were dissolved in 1312 a...
Rev. Samuel Annesley
Puritan pastor. Birth date approximate. Appointed vicar of St Giles Cripplegate in 1658 but ejected by the 1662 Act of Uniformity, along with about 2,000 other clergymen who refused to adhere to ...
Curfew Tower
A gateway, it is the only complete remaining building of Barking Abbey. Built in the 14th century and reconstructed in 1460, it now forms the main entrance to the churchyard of St Margaret's Churc...
Manor Street Methodist Church
Designed by Waddington and Dunkerley in 1903. The 1913 map shows how the whole corner was developed, with 4 shops on Kings Road plus an entrance on Kings Road (at 155a) to the church which had it...
Previously viewed
English Heritage
English Heritage (officially the English Heritage Trust) is a charity that manages over 400 historic monuments, buildings and places. These include prehistoric sites, medieval castles, Roman forts,...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them