Building    From 1824  To 1927

South Place Chapel

Categories: Religion

A radical nonconformist congregation, led by William Johnson Fox moved from Bishopsgate premises into this purpose-built Chapel at South Place, Finsbury. In 1926 the South Place Ethical Society sold South Place Chapel and in 1929 moved to Conway Hall in Red Lion Square.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
South Place Chapel

Commemorated ati

South Place Chapel

1824 - 1927 on this site stood South Place Chapel. Ministers: 1824 William ...

Read More

Other Subjects

St Nicholas Deptford

St Nicholas Deptford

A church has existed on the site since at least Saxon times. Work on the present building began in 1697 and was completed in 1714. It was virtually destroyed in an air-raid in World War II. The sku...

Building, Religion

1 memorial
Sebastian Newdigate

Sebastian Newdigate

Monk at London Charterhouse.  Newdigate was a personal friend of Henry VIII. The king visited him twice in prison but Newdigate refused to change his views. Executed at Tyburn.

Person, Execution, Religion

1 memorial
Theophilus Gale

Theophilus Gale

Nonconformist minister and teacher.  Born Devon. Buried in Bunhill burial ground.

Person, Education, Religion

1 memorial
Nathan Zlotnicki

Nathan Zlotnicki

President of the Fieldgate Street Synagogue in 1959.

Person, Religion

1 memorial
Dr Frederick N. Hicks

Dr Frederick N. Hicks

Long term resident of Stanmore. From HADAS "Dr Frederick Hicks is a retired GP and Vice-Chairman of the Stanmore & Harrow Historical Society." From MyLondon: "... Dr Hicks has attended St John...

Person, History, Medicine, Religion, Australia

1 memorial