mobile nav


Rifle Brigade

Group  From /1/1800  To 1/1/1966

Formed initially as the 'Experimental Corps of Riflemen' it became the 'Rifle Corps' and then the '95th Regiment of Foot (Rifles)'. In 1816 it became the Rifle Brigade. Unusually the soldiers wore green uniforms rather than red and on 1 January 1966 it merged with other corps to become the Royal Green Jackets.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Rifle Brigade

Information Commemorated at

Rifle Brigade

There are 3 statues on this memorial: to the left - a rifleman of 1806; to th...

Read More