Red Hall Picture Palace
Place From 18/12/1913 To /4/2012
Cinema designed by H. George Leslie. The entrance facade was dominated by a figure of Mercury perched on top of a windmill-shaped tower. In May 1950 it was re-named the Gaumont. After the final film was shown (8 December 1962), it was converted into a bingo hall, and eventually closed in March 2007. It remained empty until it was demolished in 2012.
More information and a photo of the interior at Cinema Treasures.