Group    From /5/1848 

Prudential Assurance

Categories: Commerce

Founded in Hatton Garden in May 1848 as The Prudential, Investment, Loan, and Assurance Association. The army of premium collection agents was for many years identified with the Prudential as the "Man from the Pru". It moved to its traditional home at Holborn Bars in 1879.

This section lists the memorials created by the subject on this page:
Prudential Assurance

Creations Information

Prudential Assurance war memorial WW1

Four standing girls adorn the corners of the plinth. At their feet are cornuc...

Read More

Other Subjects

Proctor Bros. Ltd

Proctor Bros. Ltd

Trader at Covent Garden Market at its original site.

Group, Commerce

1 memorial
Cornhill market

Cornhill market

Cornhill was apparently the only market allowed to be held after noon in the 14th century.  Stow reports Cornhill holding a corn-market (not surprisingly) but also old clothes being sold there.

Event, Commerce

1 memorial
Apollo Inn

Apollo Inn

Was on the corner of Tottenham Court Road and Torrington Place. Designed by Fitzroy Doll.

Building, Commerce, Food & Drink

1 memorial