Person Male Born 21/7/1896 Died 1972
Son of Harris Blairman who arrived from Poland in the late 1870s and in 1884 established the antique business, H. Blairman & Sons Ltd. Following active service in the Royal Flying Corp, Philip married Celia in 1921 and they both worked in the Llandudno branch of the business. Philip established further premises in Harrogate and London. The Llandudno branch was closed in 1940 and Harrogate in 1955 but Philip continued the London branch. President of the Council of the British Antique Dealers’ Association in 1947. Philip and Celia had a home in Cadogan Square all their life together. The business is still run by a member of the family.
After his retirement he founded, in 1968, and co-chaired the Newlon Housing Trust. This bought and furnished flats for the homeless. Celia died in 1994.
Immediately after we'd published our colleague Andrew Behan found Blairman's date of birth - thanks Andrew.