mobile nav


Old Palace of John Whitgift School

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of

Old Palace of John Whitgift School

Building  From 1889 

Categories: Education

A nursery, preparatory and senior school, founded by the Sisters of the Church. In 1945 it became a Direct Grant Grammar School, and in 1975 a fully independent day school for girls. It joined the Whitgift Foundation in 1993, and merged with Croham Hurst School, a former independent school, in 2008.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Old Palace of John Whitgift School

Information Commemorated at

Croydon Palace

Croydon Palace A former residence of the Archbishops of Canterbury (The Great...

Read More