Group    From 1963 

Notting Hill Housing Trust

Categories: Property, Social Welfare

A social enterprise and charity providing affordable housing for Londoners. It was founded by Bruce Kenrick who had moved to Notting Hill in 1963 (which was then a far cry from the desirable area it is today) and was appalled at the poor quality of housing that people were forced to live in. It now (2016) manages more than 28,000 homes across London.

Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Notting Hill Housing Trust

Commemorated atInformation

Bruce Kenrick

Bruce Kenrick, 1920 - 2007, founder of Notting Hill Housing Trust and Shelter...

Read More

Isokon Building

The plaque is in the foyer of the flats. It was unveiled by John Pritchard, g...

Read More

Other Subjects

Hayes Place

Hayes Place

From the picture source: "Site of a house since the 15th century, in 1754 William Pitt the elder, later Earl of Chatham, bought the property, subsequently rebuilding it. The birthplace of his son,...

Building, Property

1 memorial
Tudor Hall - Barnet

Tudor Hall - Barnet

Funded by the first Governors of the Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School and the Corporation of London.  Now part of Barnet and Southgate College and used as a banqueting hall and conference space, et...

Building, Education, Property

1 memorial
Waterloo churches / Commissioners' churches

Waterloo churches / Commissioners' churches

Following the defeat of Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo a Commission was set up to build churches as a means of giving thanks and commemorating the victory. The churches are also known as Milli...

Concept, Property, Religion

1 memorial
Red Lion House

Red Lion House

Spitalfields Life, our picture source, says: "Becoming the Red Lion Tavern after his {Culpeper's} death, the building was demolished in the eighteen-forties as part of road widening when Commercial...

Building, Property

1 memorial
Tavistock House

Tavistock House

Built 1796 by property developer James Burton, who probably lived here while developing the surrounding area. The 1834 Davies & Bartlett map (bottom right corner) shows the house surrounded by ...

Building, Property

2 memorials