Group From 1835 To 1970
Founded as the National Bank of Ireland, becoming The National Bank Limited in 1859. By 1884 it was a member of the Bankers Clearing House. In 1966 the branches in England and Wales were acquired by National Commercial Bank of Scotland although they continued to trade separately. In 1970, the National Bank branches merged with Glyn, Mills & Co. and Williams Deacon's Bank to form Williams & Glyn's Bank.