Building From /11/1961 To 10/4/1990
Cinema. Originally opened by Montagu Pyke in 1910 as the Piccadilly Cinematograph Theatre. It went through several name changes, before being called (in French) after the nearby Windmill Theatre. It began a policy of screening censored sex films which lasted until the arrival of more readily available porn on satellite television and the internet. Following its sudden closure the site has been used as restaurants.