mobile nav


London Parochial Charities

Picture source

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of

London Parochial Charities

Group  From 1883 

Categories: Benefactor

In 1880 a report by a royal commission led to the City of London Parochial Charities Act. This provided that the five largest parishes of London could continue to administer their own charitable endowments. The remaining 107 parishes were to be administered by a new body called the Trustees of the London Parochial Charities. Today it is known as the City Parochial Foundation.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
London Parochial Charities

Information Commemorated at

Chelsea Physic Garden

Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea The Chelsea Physic Garden was establ...

Read More

Isleden House - 1

The trustees of the London Parochial Charities This building was opened by He...

Read More

Isleden House - 2

Acquired from the trustees by the Corporation of The City of London, 2nd Febr...

Read More