London and Greenwich Railway
Place From 1836 To 1923
The first steam railway to have a terminus in London. Originally it ran, largely on viaducts, between Deptford and Spa Road Bermondsey. By 1838 it had been extended at both ends: from Deptford to Greenwich and from Spa Road to London Bridge. Initiated and designed by Colonel George Thomas Landmann. The holding company continued in existence until 1923. View from the Mirror have a whole post about this railway with lots of pictures.