Laurence Corner Army Surplus
Place From 1953 To 2007
Closed when the owner, Victor Jamilly, died January 2007, aged 79. The staff moved on and opened Squadron HQ in 121 Kentish Town Road. Some sources give the opening date as 1947, but possibly that was when the business started, perhaps at market stalls or another shop. An article from the Independent in 1998 gives a feel of what the shop was like then.