Building    From 4/11/1890  To 25/2/1900

King William Street underground station

Categories: Commerce, Transport

The station took over an existing building, number 46, entrance and booking hall on the ground floor with offices above. Became obsolete when the line was extended to Moorgate and was demolished in 1933. Used as a bomb shelter in WW2.

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
King William Street underground station

Commemorated ati

King William Street underground station

Corporation of London Site of King William Street Underground Station. First ...

Read More

Other Subjects

White Horse pub

White Horse pub

Pubwiki have a good page on this pub. A tavern has existed here since at least 1690. Known as the White Horse from at least 1745. Rebuilt c.1868-70 and again 1927-8. Closed and was demolished in 20...

Building, Commerce, Community / Clubs, Food & Drink

1 memorial
Sun Fire Office

Sun Fire Office

Founded in London, now the oldest existing insurance company in the world.

Group, Commerce

1 memorial
Anthony Standerwick Heal

Anthony Standerwick Heal

Son of Sir Ambrose Heal of the Heals furniture shop which was established in 1810.  It moved from Rathbone Place to Tottenham Court Road in 1818.  Anthony became a director in 1936 and the Chairman...

Person, Commerce, Craft / Design, Politics & Administration

2 memorials
Gaston Berlemont

Gaston Berlemont

Publican. Born in the Middlesex Hospital. Took over The French House from his Belgian father and ran it until he retired on 1989. The French House is a pub and dining room at 49 Dean Street which d...

Person, Commerce, Food & Drink, Belgium

1 memorial
Smithfield Fish Market opened

Smithfield Fish Market opened

Thanks to (C) Peter Gregson for the picture.

Event, Commerce, Food & Drink

1 memorial