King's Royal Rifle Corps
Group From 1830 To 1/1/1966
Our picture source and their Wikipedia page gives details about the origins of the regiment in 1756, the changes in its name - formally becoming the King's Royal Rifle Corps in 1830 - and its battle honours.
In 1948 the Regiment was merged with The Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's Own) to form The Green Jackets Brigade, further amalgamations followed with the Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry in 1958. On 1 January1966 these three Regiments became the three battalions of the Royal Green Jackets and in 2007 were further merged with the Devonshire and Dorset Light Infantry, The Light Infantry and The Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Light Infantry to become The Rifles.