Hyde Park Conduit House
Building To 1868
A building that housed an ancient spring supplying water to Westminster Abbey. The right to use this was granted by King Edward the Confessor. This right ceased temporarily at the Reformation, but was restored by royal charter in 1560. According to the very authoritative Jones Morris Design the spring was cut off by the Metropolitan Railway in 1861 but this makes no sense since the route of that railway is nowhere near. Disused, the house was demolished in 1868.