The church moved here at the end of the 19th century from a Knightsbridge site, where the French Embassy now is. The British Library have a wonderful zoomable street-scape showing Knightsbridge with this building in 1811. The Prince Consort Road building was erected in 1901 to designs by G. F. Bodley.
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Holy Trinity Church, Prince Consort Road
Commemorated ati
Holy Trinity Church - SW7
The plaque does not make it clear that the early history all took place at an...
Other Subjects
La Patente church
In 1740 this French Hugeonot church moved into the building in Hanbury Street, with a patent granted by King James II.
Reverend Simon Downham
Active in 2002. Associated with St Paul's Church, Queen Caroline Street.
St. Giles church vicarage
Searching for a map showing the site of the vicarage we were delighted to find this 1893 map which also shows the relocated church porch (top right corner of the vicarage garden).
Archbishop John Bird Sumner
Born Warwickshire. Bishop of Chester 1828 - 48 when he was elevated to Archbishop of Canterbury. Brother to Charles Sumner, Bishop of Winchester. Died at his summer residence in Croydon, Addington ...
Gerard Manley Hopkins
Poet and Jesuit priest. Born 87 The Grove, Stratford, of Welsh ancestry. 1852 the family moved to Hampstead and GMH attended Highgate School where he flourished. At Oxford University he converted ...
Comments are provided by Facebook, please ensure you are signed in here to see them